Do you guys know about Kollabora? I discovered this new online community for DIY projects after reading about it on Tasia's blog a while back, but I started really following their posts and uplaoding my own projects only recently.
I really like the fact that they combine knitting, sewing and jewelry - all things that I love making. It's a great resource to find new DIY ideas. Most projects include links to the pattern/tutorial used, and often also a list of supplies, which makes it easy to make your own version of a project you like.
About a week ago I posted my MadMen dress on Kolabora, and they featured it !
Thank you Team Kollabora for the feature and for this great - highly addictive- website!
And as if that wasn't enough compliment for one day, Marianna from Sew2Pro nominated me as one of her choices for the One Lovely Blog/Very Inspiring Blogger award. I'm totally honored that she would find my blog both lovely and inspiring :P. Thank you Marianna!
Here are the rules of the award:
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Add The One Lovely Blog Award /The Very Inspiring Blogger Award to your post.
3. Share 7 things about yourself.
4. Pass the award to 10 nominees.
5. Include this set of rules.
6. Inform your nominees by posting a comment on their blogs.
First for a bit of fact:
I'm the only girl in a family of 8 children. I have 2 brothers, 2 step-brothers and 3 half-brothers, and I'm the second oldest but not by much as my step-brother P. is only 3 months older than me...
And technically...that's 7 things about myself :P
And now for my selection of Lovely and Inspiring Bloggers:
1) Une poule à Petit Pas - She's a mom and has a full time job and still finds time to knit, sew, cook and make jewelry for herself and her 3 kids!
2) Une Souris dans mon Dressing. She started her own clothing line and sells online. I really like her style and the clothes she makes have clean and simple lines but something both casual and classic about them.
3) Félicie à Paris - Another knitter/sewer, and I could pretty much steal everything that she makes. I'm particularely impressed by her knitting skills.
4) Madalynne - her blog is just so pretty on it's own...I love all the simple but super useful fitting and drafting tutorials she puts together.
5) Beaute J'adore - This stylish lady makes her creations look like they came from a fancy high-end department store - I want to go shop there too!
6) Sewing Tidbits - A french girl in New York with a style I envy...
7) Sallieoh - Another blogger/sewist who's creations I would just want to steal right off her back, including, of all things, these awesome pants.
8) Kittys Drawing - She makes really pretty dresses out of vintage patterns and rocks them with totally modern style.
9) The Sew Convert - I'm really excited that she is back sewing and blogging after taking a few months break. She's one of the first bloggers I started following and I've missed seing her pretty creations...
10) Ohhhlulu - another inspiring blogger who is taking a chance at turning her passion into her day job... With all the beautiful undergarments she has been making, I have no doubts success is around the corner for her!
And that's it for my selection! Thank you again to Kollabora and Marianne for the lovely compliments and for making my year as a blogger start with a bang!