dimanche 14 août 2011

Finished Project: Thrifted-Shirt-Made-Sorbetto Blouse

I got back from San francisco last Saturday, and after a quiet Sunday spent in my friends's backyard, I went back to a pretty intense week of work - with no time to sew or write my blog.

So, finally here are some shots of my Thrifted-Shirt-Made-Sorbetto blouse "in action" - even more so as the wind on the marina of San Francisco was quite strong. It turned out to be a bit tricky to keep the collar down (Hence my hand in the close-up shots). Sorry for the wrinkles and weird shapes, the wind only shows how soft and drapy the fabric actually is. I didn't take a before picture but this used to be a "Made in Canada" shirt found at Value Village for a few bucks.






I wore the blouse in SF with a denim mini skirt that I've had for a few years. The navy jersey blazer (H&M) and midnight blue leggings (American Apparel) were "on-the-fly" purchases after, like many first-timers in San Francisco, we realized August was not a warm month.





This look actually feels like a different me - it's my first ever pair of leggings, and this refashioned blouse is actually quite the opposite of what I usually wear: It's loose and blousy, it's got a girly collar, it's sleeveless. But still, I love it. It's light and airy, the fit is great and makes it super comfortable, it's long enough to be tucked in if I want too, and I love that I have no other shirt in my wardrobe with this type of collar.

This is another example of how sewing, along with infinite inspiration from the sewing/syle blogosphere, is allowing me to explore new outfit ideas and change up my style. I used to be so much of a t-shirt and jeans kind of girl but since I started sewing, I long for pretty tops with more details, effortless dresses that I can just put on without thinking about it, flowy skirts and tailored pants....


I have another thrifted shirt in my stash and I already know how I want to refashion it. It will probably my next project.

4 commentaires:

  1. The look is just perfect! I love the white blouse with the denim skirt and the leggins. The jacket finally fits to all and your look is finished. In this style you can pose for Vogue or Instyle!
    Greetings from Germany
    Angie

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. That's a great top- the collar looks really nice.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Thank you both for you comments and the nice compliments!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Oh I stumbled on this via Pinterest. I'm so inspired, I think I'll copy your idea!

    RépondreSupprimer